Make an Appointment | Convalescent Plasma Donation | COVID-19 Deferrals and FAQs | Antibody Testing
Appointments Required. Safety measures are in place.
We are temporarily deferring donors that have traveled outside the U.S. in the last 10 days. Travel to Baja, Mexico is acceptable.
BLOOD DONATION: Please make an appointment to donate blood.
ANTIBODY TESTING: Starting Oct 26, all blood donations will be tested for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. Learn more.
CONVALESCENT PLASMA: Recovered COVID-19 patients can donate plasma to support patients fighting COVID-19. Learn more.
COVID-19 VACCINATION: Starting Jan 15, the following COVID-19 vaccines are permitted without a deferral period: AstraZeneca, Janssen, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Novavax and Pfizer. Learn more.
For questions related to blood donation and COVID-19, including a full list of travel and exposure deferrals, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
- If you have an appointment, please allow extra time as we have implemented new screening and enhanced cleaning processes.
- If you have seasonal allergies, please donate when you are not experiencing symptoms. We are currently deferring anyone with symptoms shared with COVID-19.
- If donors cared for, lived with or otherwise have had close contact with an individual(s) diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 infection, they are deferred for 28 days (4 weeks) from the last date of exposure with the individual(s). Healthcare workers, please review our vaccine FAQs.
- All donors who have been diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 are deferred for 4 weeks from the date the symptoms resolved.
- The following COVID-19 vaccines are permitted without a deferral period: AstraZeneca, Janssen, , Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Novavax and Pfizer. If you are unsure of the name of the COVID-19 vaccine or it is not listed, you will be deferred from donation for 14 days.
To make an appointment, visit scbloodbank.org/donate, Donors must be 17 years or older, weigh a minimum of 114 pounds, and be in general good health.